Headlines
Trump cancels Davos trip as US govt shutdown continues
Washington, Jan 11
US President Donald Trump announced that he would cancel his planned trip later this month to the Swiss ski resort of Davos for the annual World Economic Forum, due to the ongoing partial government shutdown.
"Because of the Democrats intransigence on Border Security and the great importance of Safety for our Nation, I am respectfully cancelling my very important trip to Davos, Switzerland for the World Economic Forum," the US President tweeted on Thursday, reported Xinhua news agency.
Earlier in the day, Trump told reporters before setting out for a trip to the US southern border that he "won't go" to Davos if the shutdown continues.
12 hours ago
Iran's IRGC says more 'devastating' weapons to be used if new war begins
12 hours ago
Meenakshi Seshadri says films have often shown mother-in-law-daughter-in-law relationships in a negative light
12 hours ago
Sam Smith: Madonna is my mother, lauds her support for queer people
12 hours ago
Andrea Jeremiah, Benny Dayal, Karthik to judge first season of 'Tamil Idol'
13 hours ago
AAPI Celebrates India’s 80th Independence Day, Leading the India Day Parade in New York City
13 hours ago
US-North Korea dialogue key first step to halting Pyongyang's nuclear program: South Korea's Unification Ministry
13 hours ago
Formula 1: Max Verstappen pens contract extension with Red Bull till 2030
13 hours ago
Premier League: Arsenal's title defence, new arrivals all you need to know ahead of new season
14 hours ago
Instagram uses 'don't ask, don't tell' approach on under‑13 users' safety: Ex-Meta Engineer in US court
14 hours ago
Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir elected Bangladesh's 23rd President
16 hours ago
CM Vijay calls for united southern strategy on drugs, economy, federal rights
16 hours ago
CM Satheesan’s federalism pitch at zonal council, says Kerala cannot keep bearing burden
18 hours ago
Soori's 'Mandaadi' cleared for release with U/A 16+ certificate
