Headlines
JeM commander Mudasir killed in Tral
Srinagar, March 11
The family of Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) commander Mudasir Khan has identified his body as one of the two militants killed in Tral encounter, police said on Monday as it awaited forensic reports.
"One of the two slain militants has been identified as Mudasir Khan, alias Mohammad Bhai, JeM commander believed to have masterminded the February 14 Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF troopers were killed," an officer said.
The two were killed in the Sunday gunfight with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Pinglish village in Pulwama district.
"The second militant also belongs to the JeM, however, his exact identity is yet to be ascertained," the officer added. "DNA tests will be carried out as the bodies have been charred."
It is the JeM commander's family which came forward and identified him, the police officer said.
The house in which the militants were hiding was completely destroyed in the operation by the security forces.
The army said three militants were killed. The police have so far, though, recovered only two bodies.
The JeM had claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing in Pulwama on February 14 that left 40 Central Reserve Police Force troopers dead in the worst ever attack since militancy began in Jammu and Kashmir in 1989.
"One of the two slain militants has been identified as Mudasir Khan, alias Mohammad Bhai, JeM commander believed to have masterminded the February 14 Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF troopers were killed," an officer said.
The two were killed in the Sunday gunfight with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Pinglish village in Pulwama district.
"The second militant also belongs to the JeM, however, his exact identity is yet to be ascertained," the officer added. "DNA tests will be carried out as the bodies have been charred."
It is the JeM commander's family which came forward and identified him, the police officer said.
The house in which the militants were hiding was completely destroyed in the operation by the security forces.
The army said three militants were killed. The police have so far, though, recovered only two bodies.
The JeM had claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing in Pulwama on February 14 that left 40 Central Reserve Police Force troopers dead in the worst ever attack since militancy began in Jammu and Kashmir in 1989.
3 hours ago
Iran's IRGC says more 'devastating' weapons to be used if new war begins
3 hours ago
Meenakshi Seshadri says films have often shown mother-in-law-daughter-in-law relationships in a negative light
3 hours ago
Sam Smith: Madonna is my mother, lauds her support for queer people
3 hours ago
Andrea Jeremiah, Benny Dayal, Karthik to judge first season of 'Tamil Idol'
4 hours ago
AAPI Celebrates India’s 80th Independence Day, Leading the India Day Parade in New York City
4 hours ago
US-North Korea dialogue key first step to halting Pyongyang's nuclear program: South Korea's Unification Ministry
4 hours ago
Formula 1: Max Verstappen pens contract extension with Red Bull till 2030
5 hours ago
Premier League: Arsenal's title defence, new arrivals all you need to know ahead of new season
5 hours ago
Instagram uses 'don't ask, don't tell' approach on under‑13 users' safety: Ex-Meta Engineer in US court
5 hours ago
Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir elected Bangladesh's 23rd President
7 hours ago
CM Vijay calls for united southern strategy on drugs, economy, federal rights
7 hours ago
CM Satheesan’s federalism pitch at zonal council, says Kerala cannot keep bearing burden
9 hours ago
Soori's 'Mandaadi' cleared for release with U/A 16+ certificate
