Headlines
Jodhpur Court acquits Salman Khan in fake affidavit case
Jodhpur, June 17
A Jodhpur court on Monday acquitted actor Salman Khan in a case related to submitting a false affidavit in court.
The Rajasthan government had in 2006 submitted a plea accusing Khan of submitting a fake affidavit. CJM Rural Court Ankit Raman dismissed state government's plea.
In 1998, Khan was booked in three different cases in blackbuck poaching case related to the shooting of the film, 'Hum Saath Saath Hain'. In one of the cases, he was booked under the Arms Act. During the hearing of this case, he was asked to submit his arms licence.
The state government made the accusation after the actor submitted an affidavit in court claiming that he had lost his weapon's licence when it had actually gone for renewal.
The prosecution asked the court to take action against Khan under Section 340 of the Code of Criminal Procedure in 2006.
However, defence counsel Hastimal Saraswati argued that Khan had no intention of misleading the court and his licence was actually missing at the time he was asked to submit it. any proceeding against him would be unjustified.
Speaking exclusively to IANS, Saraswat said: "Soon after the Salman Khan was booked under the Arms Act, we asked him to send his weapon's licence. He searched for it at his home but could not find it as it had been submitted at Mumbai Police Commissioner's office for renewal."
"Khan, however, forgot this and registered an FIR at the Bandra police station. We submitted the missing licence report in court along with the other documents. However, the DCP later sent the renewed licence, following which the prosecution accused Khan of submitting a fake certificate in court," Saraswat said.
"We argued that he had no such malafide intention. A person sometimes forgets where he has kept his documents. In such a case, he should not be persecuted but his intentions should be studied. All statements made by Salman were in harmony and there was no contradiction and therefore he was set free," he added.
The Rajasthan government had in 2006 submitted a plea accusing Khan of submitting a fake affidavit. CJM Rural Court Ankit Raman dismissed state government's plea.
In 1998, Khan was booked in three different cases in blackbuck poaching case related to the shooting of the film, 'Hum Saath Saath Hain'. In one of the cases, he was booked under the Arms Act. During the hearing of this case, he was asked to submit his arms licence.
The state government made the accusation after the actor submitted an affidavit in court claiming that he had lost his weapon's licence when it had actually gone for renewal.
The prosecution asked the court to take action against Khan under Section 340 of the Code of Criminal Procedure in 2006.
However, defence counsel Hastimal Saraswati argued that Khan had no intention of misleading the court and his licence was actually missing at the time he was asked to submit it. any proceeding against him would be unjustified.
Speaking exclusively to IANS, Saraswat said: "Soon after the Salman Khan was booked under the Arms Act, we asked him to send his weapon's licence. He searched for it at his home but could not find it as it had been submitted at Mumbai Police Commissioner's office for renewal."
"Khan, however, forgot this and registered an FIR at the Bandra police station. We submitted the missing licence report in court along with the other documents. However, the DCP later sent the renewed licence, following which the prosecution accused Khan of submitting a fake certificate in court," Saraswat said.
"We argued that he had no such malafide intention. A person sometimes forgets where he has kept his documents. In such a case, he should not be persecuted but his intentions should be studied. All statements made by Salman were in harmony and there was no contradiction and therefore he was set free," he added.
11 hours ago
1st Test: Suthar’s ten-for helps India seal 165-run victory over Sri Lanka in Galle
11 hours ago
Hilary Duff recalls late-night chatting and gossiping with late Hayden Panettiere
12 hours ago
J&K an 'important part' of India, US will reconsider travel advisories: Envoy Gor
12 hours ago
New US green card rule may hit Indians
12 hours ago
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan USA and Chishty Foundation convene global interfaith dialogue in New York
12 hours ago
AAPI Leadership Retreat in New York Highlights Vision, Collaboration, and Unity
12 hours ago
USCIS to Publish New Edition of Form I-485; Older Editions Will Be Rejected Starting Sept. 18
16 hours ago
TN Directorate of Collegiate Education withdraws circular restricting students from joining political protests
16 hours ago
Kerala Governor Arlekar turns Good Samaritan, stops convoy to help ailing man on road
17 hours ago
Tejashwi Yadav detained during protest march in Patna; water cannon used to disperse RJD supporters
17 hours ago
Rubina Dilaik reminisces ‘KKK’ journey: Every day was filled with what will happen next
17 hours ago
Karisma Kapoor recalls ‘strict times’ working with Geeta Kapur on ‘Pyaar Kar’ from ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’
17 hours ago
Pankaj Bhadouria says cancer ‘tested body’ but ‘couldn’t break spirit’, urges women not to postpone check-ups
