Headlines
MHA refuses to share timeline of release of J&K detainees
New Delhi, Dec 4
The Union Home Ministry has refused to share any timeline for the release of political detainees in Jammu & Kashmir.
Minister of State for Home G. Kishan Reddy said in the Rajya Sabha that inputs indicate illegal money is being sent from across the border through hawala channels to finance terror activities, stone pelting, and attacks on security forces in J&K.
He said investigations have revealed that several groups and activists who are part of the Hurriyat are behind stone pelting incidents in the valley. NIA has chargesheeted 18 persons in the terror funding cases so far.
The government of Jammu and Kashmir has further reported that in order to prevent commission of offences involving breach of peace, activities prejudicial to the security of the state and maintenance of public order, 5,161 persons including stone pelters, Over Ground Workers, separatists, and others were taken into preventive custody in Kashmir Valley since August 4.
Out of these, 609 persons are under preventive detentions. Since, these detentions have been made under statutory provisions by the concerned magistrates based on their satisfaction in each case, it is not possible for the government to give any timelines for their release, he said.
Minister of State for Home G. Kishan Reddy said in the Rajya Sabha that inputs indicate illegal money is being sent from across the border through hawala channels to finance terror activities, stone pelting, and attacks on security forces in J&K.
He said investigations have revealed that several groups and activists who are part of the Hurriyat are behind stone pelting incidents in the valley. NIA has chargesheeted 18 persons in the terror funding cases so far.
The government of Jammu and Kashmir has further reported that in order to prevent commission of offences involving breach of peace, activities prejudicial to the security of the state and maintenance of public order, 5,161 persons including stone pelters, Over Ground Workers, separatists, and others were taken into preventive custody in Kashmir Valley since August 4.
Out of these, 609 persons are under preventive detentions. Since, these detentions have been made under statutory provisions by the concerned magistrates based on their satisfaction in each case, it is not possible for the government to give any timelines for their release, he said.
7 hours ago
Trump doubles down on Hormuz Strait as 'New US Territory' after Iran MoU implodes
8 hours ago
Kerala Police goes smart as AI Track, Cyber Wall initiatives launched
8 hours ago
Qatar says regional efforts focus on reopening Hormuz Strait, reviving US-Iran MoU
14 hours ago
We sang what Mahatma, Vajpayee sang, if it's crime, file case against them, says Kharge on Vande Mataram row
14 hours ago
BJP leaders welcome Trump’s praise for India’s electoral system, SP smells a rat
14 hours ago
Anurag Kashyap enjoys dinner with Imtiaz Ali, his ‘dimagi nakal’ T-shirt steals the show
14 hours ago
James Wan on ‘Insidious: Out of the Further’: Never seen the Further take physical form to this extent
14 hours ago
After legal victory, ‘Mahaprabhu Jagannath’ now locked for August 28 release
14 hours ago
Nidhhi Agerwal's next film to be a mythological thriller!
14 hours ago
Paris Hilton mourns loss of ‘beautiful soul’ Hayden Panettiere: I’ll always cherish our friendship
14 hours ago
Bengali actress Rupa Dutta gets bail in Rs 1.48 lakh Colaba theft case
14 hours ago
Isha Koppikar says ‘call me Andhbhakt’: ‘My devotion is not for any political party, but for my country’
14 hours ago
Bhuvan Bam, Rohit Saraf, Pratibha Ranta and Gurfateh Pirzada lead fight against British empire in ‘The Revolutionaries’
