Headlines
Mubeen Shah detention revoked permanently: J&K govt to SC
New Delhi, Dec 9
The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Monday informed the Supreme Court that it has permanently revoked the detention order of Mubeen Shah, a Non Resident Indian businessman detained after the abrogation of Article 370.
Solicitor Tushar Mehta, representing Jammu and Kashmir administration, submitted a document of the Home department before the bench of Justices N.V. Ramana, R. Subhash Reddy and B.R. Gavai which stated that the detention order of Shah has been permanently revoked.
The counsel representing Asifa Mubeen, wife of Shah, contended before the court that in the view of this order it would be appropriate to withdraw the plea challenging the detention of Shah, as it has become infructuous.
The apex court then allowed the withdrawal of the plea.
On December 6, the Jammu and Kashmir administration allowed the temporary release of Shah, a Malaysia-based businessman, after which he was released from the Agra Central Jail.
Earlier on October 23 Shah's detention was extended for three months following a government order. According to the order which passed on December 7, the administration revoked the entire detention order under the Jammu and Kashmir Public Safety Act.
Solicitor Tushar Mehta, representing Jammu and Kashmir administration, submitted a document of the Home department before the bench of Justices N.V. Ramana, R. Subhash Reddy and B.R. Gavai which stated that the detention order of Shah has been permanently revoked.
The counsel representing Asifa Mubeen, wife of Shah, contended before the court that in the view of this order it would be appropriate to withdraw the plea challenging the detention of Shah, as it has become infructuous.
The apex court then allowed the withdrawal of the plea.
On December 6, the Jammu and Kashmir administration allowed the temporary release of Shah, a Malaysia-based businessman, after which he was released from the Agra Central Jail.
Earlier on October 23 Shah's detention was extended for three months following a government order. According to the order which passed on December 7, the administration revoked the entire detention order under the Jammu and Kashmir Public Safety Act.
6 hours ago
Trump doubles down on Hormuz Strait as 'New US Territory' after Iran MoU implodes
7 hours ago
Kerala Police goes smart as AI Track, Cyber Wall initiatives launched
7 hours ago
Qatar says regional efforts focus on reopening Hormuz Strait, reviving US-Iran MoU
13 hours ago
We sang what Mahatma, Vajpayee sang, if it's crime, file case against them, says Kharge on Vande Mataram row
13 hours ago
BJP leaders welcome Trump’s praise for India’s electoral system, SP smells a rat
13 hours ago
Anurag Kashyap enjoys dinner with Imtiaz Ali, his ‘dimagi nakal’ T-shirt steals the show
13 hours ago
James Wan on ‘Insidious: Out of the Further’: Never seen the Further take physical form to this extent
13 hours ago
After legal victory, ‘Mahaprabhu Jagannath’ now locked for August 28 release
13 hours ago
Nidhhi Agerwal's next film to be a mythological thriller!
13 hours ago
Paris Hilton mourns loss of ‘beautiful soul’ Hayden Panettiere: I’ll always cherish our friendship
13 hours ago
Bengali actress Rupa Dutta gets bail in Rs 1.48 lakh Colaba theft case
13 hours ago
Isha Koppikar says ‘call me Andhbhakt’: ‘My devotion is not for any political party, but for my country’
14 hours ago
Bhuvan Bam, Rohit Saraf, Pratibha Ranta and Gurfateh Pirzada lead fight against British empire in ‘The Revolutionaries’
