Headlines
Congress wants discussion on clashes with China in RS, LS
New Delhi, Dec 13
The Congress on Tuesday moved notices in both Houses of Parliament on clashes with Chinese PLA at Arunachal border.
Party MP Manish Tewari has given an adjournment notice in the Lok Sabha while Syed Naseer Hussain has given notice for a short duration discussion in the Rajya Sabha.
Tewari in the notice said, "I wish to draw the attention of the Government to the grave border situation with China emerging from the Tawang sector in Arunachal Pradesh. These clashes took place at a nullah along the LAC near a point called the Yangtze in Eastern Tawang."
"At least 6 of our soldiers have been reportedly injured and taken to Guwahati for treatment. There are also concerns about major gaps in military deployment in certain border areas of Arunachal Pradesh. These clashes are in addition to what has been happening in Eastern Ladakh where, despite multiple rounds of talks, 16 in total till 30 November 2022, China has vehemently refused to vacate areas it reportedly occupied after the major clash on May 5, 2020. The crises in areas such as Depsang and Demchok remain unresolved. Locals that had hitherto travelled to the Charding La-Nilung Nalla Junction have been denied access by the Chinese. "
The notice says, "China has, in the meantime, built substantial military infrastructure all across the Line of Actual Control. China is unwilling to restore the status quo ante in Eastern Ladakh, a situation that puts India at a massive disadvantage. I, therefore, urge the Government to inform the House of the situation in Tawang Arunachal Pradesh and the overall border situation with China because it concerns India's sovereignty and independence.
Chinese troops approached the LAC in Arunachal Pradesh last week, but Indian troops firmly contested their way, leading to a clash between the two, sources said on Monday.
Although no loss of life or major injuries were reported, some Indian and Chinese troops received minor injuries during this clash, a source said. It is the first physical clash between the two armies since August 2020 in eastern Ladakh. There was another incident in October 2021 at Yangtze, 35 km northeast of Tawang, where the Chinese attempt to get access to the top of 17,000 feet peak was thwarted and the area is now under snow and will remain so till March.
Top sources confirmed that a clash occurred between the two sides along the disputed section of the Line of Actual Control in Arunachal Pradesh on December 9 at Yangtze.
Soon after the clash, troops of both India and China immediately were disengaged from the area
3 hours ago
We sang what Mahatma, Vajpayee sang, if it's crime, file case against them, says Kharge on Vande Mataram row
3 hours ago
BJP leaders welcome Trump’s praise for India’s electoral system, SP smells a rat
3 hours ago
Anurag Kashyap enjoys dinner with Imtiaz Ali, his ‘dimagi nakal’ T-shirt steals the show
3 hours ago
James Wan on ‘Insidious: Out of the Further’: Never seen the Further take physical form to this extent
3 hours ago
After legal victory, ‘Mahaprabhu Jagannath’ now locked for August 28 release
3 hours ago
Nidhhi Agerwal's next film to be a mythological thriller!
3 hours ago
Paris Hilton mourns loss of ‘beautiful soul’ Hayden Panettiere: I’ll always cherish our friendship
3 hours ago
Bengali actress Rupa Dutta gets bail in Rs 1.48 lakh Colaba theft case
3 hours ago
Isha Koppikar says ‘call me Andhbhakt’: ‘My devotion is not for any political party, but for my country’
3 hours ago
Bhuvan Bam, Rohit Saraf, Pratibha Ranta and Gurfateh Pirzada lead fight against British empire in ‘The Revolutionaries’
3 hours ago
TN CM Vijay's son Jason Sanjay's 'Sigma' to now hit screens on October 2
3 hours ago
Prithviraj-starrer Khalifa's makers reveal Malvika Sharma's character in film
3 hours ago
Nayanthara-starrer 'Hi' makers reveal Radhika Sarathkumar's character in film!
