America
IDF to release more evidence to prove Israel wasn't responsible for Gaza hospital blast
Jerusalem, Oct 18
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has said that the country will release more evidence to prove that it was not responsible for the blast at a hospital in Gaza that claimed the lives of hundreds of people.
According to the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza, the Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital was sheltering thousands of displaced people when it was bombed on Tuesday, adding that many victims were still under the rubble.
Speaking to CNN on Tuesday night, IDF spokesman Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said that Israel has already released footage captured by a UAV to international media of the blast that occurred earlier in the day.
He added that they plan to release additional intelligence of an intercepted conversation between Palestinian militants that they believe there was a rocket that had misfired.
Conricus added that the IDF went through their own systems to confirm they did not fire at that location and that there was no misfire from Israel.
The IDF official went on to say that an investigation into the blast revealed that the Islamic Jihad had fired a barrage of rockets toward northern or central Israel, and at least one of them misfired, landed on the ground and exploded.
Conricus also refuted claims that the blast could have been the result of an iron dome interception that caused the rocket to explode and land, saying this "has also been categorically denied."
"That is not the case, and we do not intercept rockets over Gaza," he told CNN.
"We have confirmed, and all of our chain of command stands behind it, that this was not an IDF strike. It was a misfired rocket by the Islamic Jihad that landed and probably caused that explosion," he said.
Israel has already briefed American military officials on this intelligence ahead of US President Joe Biden's visit to Israel on Wednesday, Conricus said.
Meanwhile, the Hamas claimed that over 500 people were killed by in the hospital bombing, CNN reported..
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has blamed the “barbaric terrorists in Gaza†for “attacking†the hospital.
“Whoever brutally murdered our children is also murdering their children,†he added.
14 hours ago
Tamil Nadu native enters Washington DC Mayor race
20 hours ago
SC sets aside controversial Allahabad HC ruling on rape attempt, moots guidelines to 'infuse sensitivity' in judicial handling of sexual offence cases
21 hours ago
Joan Collins celebrates 24 years of marriage with Percy Gibson marking her longest relationship
21 hours ago
Anupama Parameswaran to headline director Shaan's psychological thriller!
21 hours ago
Chiranjeevi calls wife Surekha the 'nucleus of our family' in a heartfelt birthday post
21 hours ago
Anupama Parameswaran's look as Keerthi in 'Crazy Kalyanam' released
21 hours ago
Suriya, Jyothika compliment Riya Shibu for Sarvam Maya; actress says she is 'over the moon'
21 hours ago
Nivin Pauly's 'Prathichaya' trailer promises gripping political thriller
21 hours ago
Zendaya talks about her, fiance Tom Holland's differing opinions on Robert Pattinson
21 hours ago
Margot Robbie: I haven't gone to university
21 hours ago
Amitabh Bachchan pens cryptic note on ‘thinking too much’
21 hours ago
Priya Prakash Varrier: The way Ajith Kumar sir chases excellence is inspiring!
21 hours ago
Jaffer Sadiq tells Rajinikanth: Every moment spent with you turns into a beautiful memory I cherish forever!
