America
Egypt receives 40-50 wounded Gazans daily: Minister
Cairo, Nov 5
Egypt has been receiving 40 to 50 wounded Palestinians on average daily from Gaza for treatment since November 1, Egypt's Health Minister Khaled Abdel-Ghaffar has said.
All the patients entered through the Rafah crossing, and most of them were in serious condition, he told a press conference held at Al-Arish Hospital in the North Sinai Province, Xinhua news agency reported.
"At least 60 per cent of the injured were children and women, some of whom lost limbs, in addition to cases with shrapnel injuries in the brain, eyes, and lungs," he noted.
Hospitals in the North Sinai Province are ready to receive wounded Palestinians, he said, noting that some cases will be transferred to hospitals in the provinces of Port Said, Ismailia, and Cairo when necessary.
Abdel-Ghaffar pointed out that about 150 ambulances stand by near the Rafah crossing and in other parts of the province.
On November 1, Egypt started to receive wounded Gazans via the Rafah crossing for the first time since Israel launched its deadly bombardment on the besieged Palestinian enclave earlier in October.
The death toll of Palestinians from Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip has reached 9,488 with 23,000 wounded, according to Palestinian health officials on Saturday.
10 hours ago
Jesse Jackson, civil rights titan, dies at 84
21 hours ago
Shabana Azmi reflects on her iconic 'flower-in-hair' style in 1982 throwback post, says 'position has changed'
21 hours ago
Huma Qureshi hails Rajkummar Rao ‘one of the most committed actors of our times’
21 hours ago
Karisma Kapoor 'honoured' to be a part of a round table attended by Queen of Jordan
21 hours ago
Mrunal Thakur talks about the biggest challenge for love in modern times
21 hours ago
Nayanthara on winning State Awards: "Truly blessed"
21 hours ago
Shilpa Shirodkar visits Chinese temple in Mumbai, extends New Year wishes
21 hours ago
Trademark infringement suit: US AI company Anthropic PBC fails to appear, Karnataka court issues fresh notice
21 hours ago
Young man dragged for kms by Mercedes in Ranchi, Jharkhand HC lawyer detained
21 hours ago
Pahalgam attack victim’s daughter vents frustration, recounts struggle in claiming promised govt job
21 hours ago
HC cancels Nava Kerala survey, setback for Vijayan govt
21 hours ago
Bengaluru: Actress alleges secret video recording during Celebrity Cricket Tournament; FIR lodged
21 hours ago
UP Assembly: Cong protests on MGNREGA issue, SP calls out SIR process
