America
Egypt sends 190 truckloads of aid supplies to war-ravaged Gaza
Cairo, Nov 19
Egypt has sent a convoy of more than 190 aid-laden trucks to the war-torn Palestinian enclave of Gaza Strip.
The convoy, carrying 2,500 ton of aid package provided by Egypt's Tahya Misr Fund, would enter Gaza through the Rafah border crossing.
At the launching ceremony held in the Egyptian capital of Cairo, Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly said on Saturday that so far more than two-thirds of the aid delivered to Gaza came from Egypt, Xinhua news agency reported.
Madbouly noted that Egypt will continue to send aid to the people of the Gaza Strip, adding that Egypt also receives "on a regular basis and as many as possible" wounded Palestinians who need medical intervention.
Israel has been attacking the Gaza Strip over the past month in retaliation for the surprise strike led by Gaza-ruling Hamas militants on October 7, in which Hamas killed about 1,200 people in Israel and took more than 200 hostages. The ongoing conflict has also killed over 12,000 Palestinians in the coastal enclave.
The supplies of water, electricity, fuel and other necessities have been cut off in the Gaza Strip.
Since October 21, only limited humanitarian aid has been allowed into the Palestinian enclave through the Rafah crossing from Egypt, the only lifeline for the 2.3 million Palestinians in Gaza.
5 hours ago
Shabana Azmi reflects on her iconic 'flower-in-hair' style in 1982 throwback post, says 'position has changed'
5 hours ago
Huma Qureshi hails Rajkummar Rao ‘one of the most committed actors of our times’
5 hours ago
Karisma Kapoor 'honoured' to be a part of a round table attended by Queen of Jordan
5 hours ago
Mrunal Thakur talks about the biggest challenge for love in modern times
5 hours ago
Nayanthara on winning State Awards: "Truly blessed"
5 hours ago
Shilpa Shirodkar visits Chinese temple in Mumbai, extends New Year wishes
5 hours ago
Trademark infringement suit: US AI company Anthropic PBC fails to appear, Karnataka court issues fresh notice
5 hours ago
Young man dragged for kms by Mercedes in Ranchi, Jharkhand HC lawyer detained
5 hours ago
Pahalgam attack victim’s daughter vents frustration, recounts struggle in claiming promised govt job
5 hours ago
HC cancels Nava Kerala survey, setback for Vijayan govt
5 hours ago
Bengaluru: Actress alleges secret video recording during Celebrity Cricket Tournament; FIR lodged
5 hours ago
UP Assembly: Cong protests on MGNREGA issue, SP calls out SIR process
5 hours ago
Hyderabad Police Commissioner dismisses viral message about woman luring children as fake
