Filmworld
RGV geared up for third part of 'Sarkar' saga
Mumbai, Sep 13 : Filmaker Ram Gopal Varma, also known as RGV, is all set for the third part of his "Sarkar" saga featuring megastar Amitabh Bachchan in the lead.
Varma, who shifted to Hyderabad and made slew of Telugu films, is back here and is set to storm the box- office with "Sarkar" franchise.
Excerpts from the interview:
Q. Why 'Sarkar 3' at this stage of your career?
A. The point of continuing any franchise is only when the characters create an impact and Mr. Bachchan did that so powerfully in "Sarkar". Amitji and I were discussing ideas on how we should make "Sarkar 3" since a few years and we both were clear that we won't attempt it unless we are extremely sure we can (give) better (than) what has been already done in "Sarkar" in 2005 and "Sarkar Raj" in 2008. So to get the absolutely right content was the reason for the delay.
Q. How different would he be in "Sarkar 3"?
A. The last time I saw Amitji in an angry man's role was only in "Sarkar" 10 years ago and I designed that character from the angry image he derived from his portrayal in iconic films like "Zanjeer", "Deewar" and "Bemisal". In "Sarkar" my ambition is to portray him as being angrier than ever and that of course for highly valid reasons.
Q. How do you plan to present him to ensure a uniqueness and novelty in looks and emotions?
A. More than anything else, his character will have a very powerful screen presence along with his trademark intimidating stares, shriveling scowls and highly memorable one-liners, which is the tradition of "Sarkar".
Q. Tell us about "Sarkar 3" plot. How would it move forward from second part of "Sarkar"?
A. It's too early to reveal the plot of "Sarkar 3" but it will be much bigger in its scale and scope than the earlier two "Sarkar" films.
Q. Who else have you cast in the film?
A. There are a lot of characters in the film and the cast details will be shared soon.
Q. What do you feel about the changes in the Hindi film industry during the last few years while you were busy in Hyderabad?
A. Changes happen every Friday and they will keep happening and people will keep adapting to the changes and as long as people keep adapting changes won't matter.
Q. A lot of studios and corporate houses are apparently shutting down in Bollywood. Do you see a crisis looming in the Hindi film industry?
A. I have been hearing about film industry's crises ever since I first came into the industry, but the number of films being made kept on going up irrespective of the crises. Afterall, this exaggerated hullabaloo about various corporates shutting down, my prediction is that there will be more number of films made now compared to last year.
2 hours ago
Iran's IRGC says more 'devastating' weapons to be used if new war begins
2 hours ago
Meenakshi Seshadri says films have often shown mother-in-law-daughter-in-law relationships in a negative light
2 hours ago
Sam Smith: Madonna is my mother, lauds her support for queer people
2 hours ago
Andrea Jeremiah, Benny Dayal, Karthik to judge first season of 'Tamil Idol'
3 hours ago
AAPI Celebrates India’s 80th Independence Day, Leading the India Day Parade in New York City
3 hours ago
US-North Korea dialogue key first step to halting Pyongyang's nuclear program: South Korea's Unification Ministry
4 hours ago
Formula 1: Max Verstappen pens contract extension with Red Bull till 2030
4 hours ago
Premier League: Arsenal's title defence, new arrivals all you need to know ahead of new season
4 hours ago
Instagram uses 'don't ask, don't tell' approach on under‑13 users' safety: Ex-Meta Engineer in US court
4 hours ago
Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir elected Bangladesh's 23rd President
6 hours ago
CM Vijay calls for united southern strategy on drugs, economy, federal rights
6 hours ago
CM Satheesan’s federalism pitch at zonal council, says Kerala cannot keep bearing burden
8 hours ago
Soori's 'Mandaadi' cleared for release with U/A 16+ certificate
