Filmworld
SRK fined Rs.1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
Mumbai, Feb 11
Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan has been fined Rs.1,93,784 by the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation for constructing an illegal ramp outside his bungalow 'Mannat' in Bandra, a RTI query revealed here on Thursday.
Activist Anil Galgali sought details under RTI on a reinforced cement-concrete ramp constructed outside the actor's landmark bungalow which was used for parking his vanity van, leading to an outcry early last year.
Following a campaign by various citizens and activists, the municipal commissioner initiated action and a notice was slapped on Shah Rukh on February 6, 2015.
After the notice period ended, the BMC started the demolition on February 15 of the ramp which falls outside the bungalow on the junction of HK Bhabha Road and Mount Mary Road.
Activists had alleged that by constructing the ramp for his private uses, Shah Rukh had also encroached on a portion of public land.
After the demolition, the BMC served a demand notice of Rs.193,785 on the actor as costs towards the razing of the illegal structure, or face prosecution.
In order to close the issue, the actor quietly made the payment through a cheque for the entire amount, Galgali said.
When the ramp came up in late 2014, locals had complained that it blocked access to the famous Mt. Mary Church steps from the Bandstand side where the actor's bungalow is located.
Activist Anil Galgali sought details under RTI on a reinforced cement-concrete ramp constructed outside the actor's landmark bungalow which was used for parking his vanity van, leading to an outcry early last year.
Following a campaign by various citizens and activists, the municipal commissioner initiated action and a notice was slapped on Shah Rukh on February 6, 2015.
After the notice period ended, the BMC started the demolition on February 15 of the ramp which falls outside the bungalow on the junction of HK Bhabha Road and Mount Mary Road.
Activists had alleged that by constructing the ramp for his private uses, Shah Rukh had also encroached on a portion of public land.
After the demolition, the BMC served a demand notice of Rs.193,785 on the actor as costs towards the razing of the illegal structure, or face prosecution.
In order to close the issue, the actor quietly made the payment through a cheque for the entire amount, Galgali said.
When the ramp came up in late 2014, locals had complained that it blocked access to the famous Mt. Mary Church steps from the Bandstand side where the actor's bungalow is located.
11 hours ago
Iran's IRGC says more 'devastating' weapons to be used if new war begins
11 hours ago
Meenakshi Seshadri says films have often shown mother-in-law-daughter-in-law relationships in a negative light
11 hours ago
Sam Smith: Madonna is my mother, lauds her support for queer people
11 hours ago
Andrea Jeremiah, Benny Dayal, Karthik to judge first season of 'Tamil Idol'
12 hours ago
AAPI Celebrates India’s 80th Independence Day, Leading the India Day Parade in New York City
12 hours ago
US-North Korea dialogue key first step to halting Pyongyang's nuclear program: South Korea's Unification Ministry
12 hours ago
Formula 1: Max Verstappen pens contract extension with Red Bull till 2030
12 hours ago
Premier League: Arsenal's title defence, new arrivals all you need to know ahead of new season
13 hours ago
Instagram uses 'don't ask, don't tell' approach on under‑13 users' safety: Ex-Meta Engineer in US court
13 hours ago
Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir elected Bangladesh's 23rd President
15 hours ago
CM Vijay calls for united southern strategy on drugs, economy, federal rights
15 hours ago
CM Satheesan’s federalism pitch at zonal council, says Kerala cannot keep bearing burden
17 hours ago
Soori's 'Mandaadi' cleared for release with U/A 16+ certificate
